Are you an Architectural Technician or Technologist looking for a new role in Kent?
A medium sized firm based in Ashford,Kent are keen to add an experienced Architectural Technician to their expanding team. This is a result of new projects and expansion. This is a permanent role. Salary up to £38k depending on skills and experience.
A Colourful practice with a friendly small team situated in a gorgeous rural setting with on site parking. They focus mainly on high end residential one off projects including extensions and refurbishments. They can offer a generous salary / package for the right person along with excellent working conditions. This would suit someone who is keen to work closely with the owner of a firm and benefit from exposure to the aspects of projects. The owner of the firm is an absolute gentleman and would be a pleasure to work for.
Reasons to work here
- Small, friendly and supportive practice
- On site parking
- Lovely offices situated in a quiet, country location
- Very friendly and approachable owner
- Solid flow of work and projects being awarded
- Great exposure and hands on experience within all areas of projects
- Flexible working being offered for the right person
- Generous and competitive salary & package
I have very recently secured a role for a Technician with this practice and the feedback has been excellent. This is genuinely a great place to work.
Specialising mainly within one of residential projects. Their experience has given them the in-depth knowledge necessary to exceed client’s expectations with residential designs that inspire and excite. They provide an essential full service working closely with clients from the preparation of feasibility studies to the final completion of the build.
Full planning applications
3D Visuals and CGIs
On site supervision
You will assist the architects in the production and preparation of drawings from specifications, working on residential projects and ensuring the technical side of the design is met. On a daily basis you will be working closely with structural engineers, builders and coordinating the supply of the correct materials to site. In addition to this you will be responsible for monitoring of quality assurance, costs and ensuring deadlines are adhered to. You will assist the architects in driving and leading projects through to completion. You will possess excellent people skills and engage in regular communications with clients reporting on progress and resolving issues on site. On a personal note you will enjoy a positive working atmosphere, work well with others, have a good honest and open approach to working along with a good sense of humour. This would suit someone wanting to further their career through hard work and dedication.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Preparing technical information used to plan projects
- Preparing plans using computer aided design (CAD) software
- Preparing applications for approval by regulatory bodies
- Developing specifications for construction work
- Offering technical advice to the project team
- Visiting sites to check on progress
- Assessing client requirements
- Designing a project brief and programme of work
- Carrying out risk assessments of design plans
- Assisting to manage contract bids and tenders
- Providing advice to clients and the construction team
- Managing and coordinate the work of the design team
Education + Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in Architectural Technology
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience delivering technical packages in the residential sector
- Strong understanding of the current Building Regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to work on their own initiative and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent AutoCAD and IT (Microsoft Office) skills
- Able to demonstrate a high level of technical detailing skill along with an understanding of modern methods of construction
If this is you then contact Paul Deery at Bear Architectural recruitment on 01273242851 / 07496385806 or apply within.
Equally if you know of someone who would be suitable then feel free to pass on my details