Senior Architectural Technician
Are you a Senior Architectural Technician or Technologist looking for a new opportunity within Architecture in Brighton / Sussex?
A thriving, award winning charted practice based near Brighton, Sussex are keen to add an experienced Senior Architectural Technician or Technologist to their expanding team. This is a permanent role. Salary competitive and negotiable depending on skills and experience.
The position has been created as the result of numerous projects being awarded. I have worked with this firm for 3 years and placed 4 people into various roles including a Senior Technician and a Senior Architect. They are without doubt one of the leading Architectural practices in Sussex with another office in London. Exciting multi million projects across various sectors, great team, solid career progression and a generous salary / package on offer.
This well respected Sussex top 100 multi-disciplinary practice provides a full range of Architectural, design and consultancy services to the built environment. They cover a variety of sectors including Residential, Education, Health, Public sector and Commercial on multi million value projects. Most recently they have been focusing on moving their entire business towards BIM Level 2 Certification, in conjunction with the BRE and are a small number of build consultancies to achieve the Investors in People Silver accreditation.
The office is situated minutes’ walk from the mainline train station surrounded by many bars and restaurants and are only a short journey from Brighton and its vibrant town, nightlife and sea front. They offer a modern, bright, creative and professional working practice for their 40+ staff designed to staff feel comfortable and inspired. I personally met with the Managing Director of this firm and felt a productive, creative and relaxed working environment. They have a very ‘hands on’ approach to their work and encourage open, communicative and healthy working conditions. If I were an Architectural Technician, I would definitely want to work for this practice!
They continue to invest heavily in developing their staffs’ (BIM) skills and knowledge through technical training with leading BIM and REVIT professionals.
People are key to the success of this organisation and this is reflected in the standard of excellence within people development. They are fully committed to their staff, providing them with a great place to work and the tools to achieve their personal career goals within Architecture. If you are looking for somewhere to further your skills and career then this is the role for you!
Reasons to work here
- Easily one of the top leading practices in Sussex
- Minutes walk from the train station
- Bright, funky, modern offices
- Great company culture of team work and development
- Exposure and hands on experience within all areas of projects
- Discretionary bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Regular RIBA approved seminars
- Child care vouchers
- Generous and competitive salary & package
You will be working on a large variety of projects, from education and residential schemes of varying scales and complexity, to community and civic buildings and have 5+ years’ experience within the industry. This would suit someone who is looking for opportunities to develop their skills as well as enhance their existing knowledge within Architecture. Career development is heavily embedded within this organisation and successful people will be given genuine opportunities to further their career and skills through promotions.
You will play a pivotal role in the construction process and be complementary to other Chartered disciplines in the built environment sector.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Preparing technical information used to plan projects
- Preparing plans using computer aided design (CAD) software
- Preparing applications for approval by regulatory bodies
- Developing specifications for construction work
- Offering technical advice to the project team
- Visiting sites to check on progress
- Assessing client requirements
- Designing a project brief and programme of work
- Carrying out risk assessments of design plans
- Assisting to manage contract bids and tenders
- Providing advice to clients and the construction team
- Managing and coordinate the work of the design team
Education + Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in Architectural Technology
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent technical skill gained on a range of projects, ideally with a value from £2m-£10m
- Experience delivering technical packages in the education, commercial or residential sectors
- Strong understanding of the current Building Regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to work on their own initiative and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent AutoCAD and IT (Microsoft Office) skills
- Current working knowledge of Autodesk Revit would be highly beneficial
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a high level of technical detailing skill along with an understanding of modern methods of construction
If this is you then contact Paul Deery at Bear Architectural Recruitment on 07496385806 or email me at Paul@bear-recruitment.com
Equally if you know of someone who may be suitable then feel free to pass on my details. We offer a referral scheme for anyone placed into a role.