A small, multidisciplinary practice with fantastic team spirit; a broad, well established client base which includes celebrities, Royals and creative entrepreneurs; and an interesting and quirky portfolio of projects.
Founded in 2001, the studio has seen continual success, as demonstrated by their extensive portfolio of high quality residential refurbishment and new build projects for both private and developer clients. In addition, the practice also offers assistance with masterplanning, interior design, landscaping and furniture.
Current projects include a variety of listed buildings and private homes, circa 3000sq ft and between £1-2million on average; alongside some quirkier commissions, which spread across prime areas of London such as the RBKC, the Home Counties and South West England. The firm do a lot of work for interesting clients including celebrities, Royals and Creative Entrepreneurs; who are fun to work with and get involved in all aspects of their respective projects. The firm is frequently employed as a ‘one stop shop’ for both Architectural and Interior Design services.
The company are members of the SPAB, INTBAU and The Princes Foundation for the Built Environment. They have a genuine passion for architecture that responds to its immediate surroundings and to the wider environment in a meaningful way. With that in mind, their work is broadly traditional; however, they also design in a contemporary manner where appropriate.
Role & Responsibilities
- To work closely with the Director and Senior Architect
- To take ownership of all allocated projects and lead, manage and deliver these schemes through all RIBA work stages. This includes the production of complex working drawing packages and construction detailing.
- To present yourself as the ‘face of the business’ with clients, keeping them informed throughout the life of each project
- Be a genuine team player, contributing to all aspects of projects as and when required
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years UK experience
- ARB Registration would be advantageous
- Broad, solid experience in running traditional UK residential projects through all RIBA stages
- Strong, demonstrable technical and detailing ability; with a full understanding of the technology of buildings
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD
- A genuine interest in traditional architecture and listed/historic buildings
Salary & Package
The successful applicant will benefit from a salary between £45,000 – £60,000, entirely dependent on experience. Professional memberships and subscriptions are also paid for.
The practice is based a short distance from Ladbroke Grove underground station, in a characterful and quirky mews location with shared garden area. The team are extremely fun people to be around, with great team spirit and offer a warm and welcoming environment. They are a sociable group of people who organise regular social events, and each staff member is treated as a truly valued member of the team. Their ethos is to work together as a team to ensure the best outcomes for their clients and their business.