Bench Architects is a Peak District based architectural practice who offer a rare combination of years of experience conserving historic buildings and the ability to create award-winning, contemporary designs.
We are seeking an Architect to join our busy growing team. Previous experience of working on historic buildings or conservation projects is essential.
We are looking for someone who will be committed to the practice, to help the practice continue to grow by providing excellent architectural services to our strong client base.
The position will require the candidate to work under senior Architects/Directors on larger projects but also be able to run smaller jobs independently and communicate with all stakeholders within each project.
You will have the rare luxury of being able to work on the full range of our projects, which include listed historic buildings, country houses and churches through to municipal and public buildings.
The successful applicant should:
- Be proficient in AutoCAD. Additional skills such as 3D modelling and rendering are an advantage. Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are also essential.
- Have excellent construction technical detailing skills combined with experience of conserving historic buildings.
- Have sound knowledge of UK Building Regulations Approved Documents & Planning Policy and Legislation.
- Be at least 2 years post RIBA part III; (We would consider applications from experienced Part II’s - if excellent working knowledge of Conservation / Historical Buildings repair is demonstrated).
- Have good experience of all RIBA Plan of Work stages, including running projects on site.
- Be able to work to programmes and available fee resources, whilst maintaining high work standards.
- Live within a commutable distance and hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Be a UK resident or hold an appropriate work permit.
- Have good communication skills (verbal & written).
Please click apply! and attach your CV and examples of your work
For further details on our practice please follow the link www.bencharchitects.co.uk
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!