- Full Time
Rickett Architects Ltd are looking for an experienced architectural technician to join our friendly practice based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
Rickett Architects Ltd is a long established Chartered Architects Practice working in the residential (open market, social, student) sector with a burgeoning workload in this and the care and retail sectors. We are relocating to larger premises in the centre of Leamington Spa and are expanding our multidisciplinary team.
All our architects are corporate members of RIBA and committed to providing professional architectural services to the highest standards. central to the practice is a refreshing enthusiasm and attention to detail that makes working with us rewarding and enjoyable.
Job Title: Intermediate architectural technician
- Preparing and submitting planning & building regulations applications.
- Producing detailed technical drawings using the in-office drawing standards for building regulations applications and tender packages ranging from £150,000 to £25m. Reviewing and checking your own and others production information.
- Assisting lead architects in production of project specific drawing & supporting information.
- Managing and liaising with members of the design team including engineers, quantity surveyors, M&E designers, contractors etc.
- Using Autocad, Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop and the Office package to produce project specific detail and information.
- Attend site to meet with clients, contractors etc to assist with queries, check work quality & site progress. Prepare notes and reports as required to record relevant project information.
- Provide general administrative support to the practice and as required by the team.
- At least 5 years practical experience as an architectural technician.
- Good working knowledge of the building regulations and planning system.
- Sound communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills, which must include Autocad and Microsoft Office.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and critically analyse projects, raising issues with your project lead.
- Full, preferably clean, driving licence with own transport.
- Experience of using Revit, Sketchup & Photoshop.
- Sense of humour :) this should really be in the essential category…..
Salary is entirely dependent on experience, attitude and ability.
In the first instance please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to meeting you.
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly