We are currently representing a widely renowned national consultancy recognised for excellence and innovation in multiple disciplines across a wide variety of sectors including educational, commercial, residential, community, healthcare & more. Increased demands from existing clients coupled with internal expansions means they are looking to recruit an Associate Architect with an immediate start to join their award-winning design team on a full-time permanent basis in their office located just outside of Bedford.
For this role applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent design and communication skills and have experience in leading teams in the successful delivery of complex projects and forging strong relationships with client groups. The successful candidates should be willing to work on a wide range of project scales, types and stages and be able to juggle concurrent commissions. AutoCAD & Microsoft Office suites proficiency is required in order to fulfil the requirements of this role; along with a 'can-do' attitude and relevant project experience.
* To carry out and oversee preparation of conceptual design and planning work, feasibility studies. Oversee the preparation of planning applications and manage through the planning application process.
* Programme work with other directors to ensure that it can be effectively managed within the existing staff resources.
* Manage invoicing for jobs for which individually responsible. Maintain records of time spent on any job and records of an additional chargeable work.
* Develop contacts with new clients and introduce new business to the company.
* Take responsibility for running specific jobs including delegation & overseeing of work to staff, ensuring smooth development of projects and staff progression.
* Ensure that each project, at a planning stage, has a completed Designers Risk Assessment, in accordance with CDM requirements.
* The ideal candidate must have good hand drawing & design skills.
This opportunity is best suited to an experienced all-rounder that is an ambitious individual with a passion to produce high quality architecture. If you are looking to achieve your full potential and want to deliver your own notable projects send in an up-to-date CV to Katie at Conrad Consulting to be considered. A full job description will be provided to successful applicants.
Apply for Associate Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly