Senior Architect with experience in the luxury apartments/hotel sector
Summary: We are looking for a senior architect with 5 years’ PQE to take a leading role in our innovative development team. You will be working with a dedicated team to create luxury serviced apartments in South Kensington, Mayfair, St James’.
Location: Gloucester Road, SW7 4JJ
Salary: £40,000-£60,000 DOE
Company: Fin-Ex Property No.4 Limited, t/a The Harrington Collection
Reporting to: CEO
The Harrington Collection offers an exclusive portfolio of 45 elegant long-stay serviced residences and 40 short-stay serviced residences in South Kensington. Each property is just moments from Gloucester Road underground station making it an ideal location for our guests when in London.
Our clients are affluent individuals who are used to purchasing luxury products and services. It will be a distinct advantage if you have previous experience working within a 5 star hotel or high-end serviced apartment group. It is essential that you understand how the luxury end of the market differs when it comes to service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented senior architect to join our award-winning luxury serviced apartment company. You will be tasked with leading a small team of both internal and external designers whilst co-ordinating with the in-house development team to design and produce award-winning 5 star apartments. The apartments will be designed for short and long-stay living, optimizing space, light and storage to produce apartments to the highest luxury standards.
You have a genuine passion for world class luxury design and full 5+ years’ experience post RIBA qualification. Excellent command of the English language is required. We want people who are confident, driven, are easy to be around and can really contribute to shaping the company and its strategy going forward.
You will lead the in-house and external design teams and work with the in-house development team to deliver award-winning designs.
If this sounds like you and you are passionate, thoughtful, ambitious, hardworking and take a genuine interest in providing the best designs for those staying for longer periods, we look forward to hear from you. Please attach a portfolio (less than 6mb) showing your pervious work.
- RIBA Part III qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ PQE
- A strong background leading UK residential and/or education projects
- Good, all-round experience across all RIBA work stages
- Experience leading, coordinating and supervising internal and external teams
- Experience working within the luxury real estate sector either in residential or hospitality (working with luxury hotels, private clubs or serviced apartments would be ideal)
- An understanding of the financial aspects of running a project on time and on budget
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction technology
- Exceptional technical and construction detailing ability
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Maya, Grasshopper and Revit would be beneficial, but is not essential
- A genuine interest in modern and innovative design
No agents or recruiters please.
No contractors need apply, this is a full-time role only. This role would not suit freelancers and is more for someone who wants to settle into a role and grow within a company over 2-3 years.
Telephone references will be followed up prior to appointment.