An expanding and sociable design-led multidisciplinary practice, located alongside a beautiful canal in Hackney, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Architect/Director, with Business Development experience, to join them on a permanent basis and deliver some exciting, high-end residential private projects and developments.
Established in 2007, the practice offers full architectural, structural and interior design services from inception to inspection, with full project management and contract administration. The companies key sectors lie within the housing and commercial sectors, delivering private homes, developments and workplaces for their clients. Their technical, structural and design specialists work together as a close knit team in a collaborative manner, which enables them to deliver elegant and cost effective design solutions to their clients, at the highest of quality.
Role & Responsibilities
Coming into the business as a Project Director, you will be the main point of contact for clients within the practice. The role involves collating and coordinating work from their strong and experienced multidisciplinary teams, as well as taking on business development duties, which are an integral part of the proposed role. You will also be expected to contribute to design and technical development, but will not be expected to produce or lead production of design, technical or structural drawings and information.
Your primary duties will include;
- Sourcing and participating in networking events
- Obtaining leads and developing them into meetings with new clients
- Fee proposals, negotiate to sign and agree appointments, lead activities related to expansion into new target sectors
- Complete management of several projects from inception to completion
- Full client liaison
- Programing and resourcing
- Monitoring deadlines in collaboration with the design, technical and structural team leaders
- Source and facilitate appointments by clients of external consultants, advise and guide clients with regards to all aspects of projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III Qualified with a minimum of 4 years PQE professional UK experience
- Proven experience delivering both high-end private and developer residential projects from inception to completion
- Must have proven experience of generating leads and converting them into successful projects
- Experience leading a number of projects as a Project Architect
- Solid knowledge and experience working through all RIBA stages
- Basic knowledge and understanding of BIM concepts and workflows
- Up to date knowledge of UK Planning Policies and standards
- Exceptional organisational, time and people management skills
- Excellent networking, personal communication, and client relations skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- The ability to liaise effectively with clients, external consultants and in house teams
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office packages
- Independent and highly motivated with a strong authoritative voice, combined with a flexible and collaborative approach towards client’s, consultants and the internal team
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of circa £45,000 – £60,000 dependent on experience.
The practice is a close knit team of 10 energetic people, who have future plans for growth in the next coming years. The open plan two-storey office, is based alongside a beautiful canal and is only a short 10-minute walk from local train stations and amenities around Hackney.
In addition to working in a sociable atmosphere, you will also be able take part in staff outings, drinks down the pub and are entitled to 20-days holiday + bank holidays. The practice offers staff members ongoing opportunities to progress and develop during their employment with them and due to the size of team, you’ll gain a great amount of exposure to different elements of the business, whilst working on a variety of RIBA stages on each project.