If you are looking to escape to the country and work on the type of rural residential projects that people aspire to own then this could be the role for you.
The practice who are based in the countryside of East Somerset and has an excellent reputation for its quality of work in the area. Made up of team of 9, the practice has won many awards and focuses on residential based projects ranging from bespoke new builds to conversation based projects.
Due to continued success and an increase in work, the practice is looking to take on an experienced Architect to join the team.
Role & Responsibilities
You would work closely with the Practice Director whilst also managing a small team of Technicians and Assistants on a number of projects from conception to completion.
In addition to the standard project running role, the practice would be looking for an individual keen to develop relationships with clients, old and new, and someone who has an interest in the managerial side of the business.
Required Skills & Experience
• Have a minimum of 10 years post Part III in-practice UK experience
• Background in working on high-end residential projects – Experience with conservation projects would be highly advantageous
• History of running projects across all RIBA stages from concept to completion.
• Possess good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong track record of working within UK planning and Building Regulations legislation.
• Experience of using Vectorworks, SketchUp and NBS Building software would be an advantage, however training will be given as necessary.
• Due to the location of the practice, you will require a driver’s license and your own transport
Salary & Package
The role would offer a salary of £38,000 – £45,000 depending on experience.
This friendly office is located in the stunning Somerset countryside which offers a great working environment. The role would offer 28 days holiday and a standard working week of 37.5 hours allowing the desirable work-life balance.
The company also offers an ongoing CPD.