Known for its contemporary focused design style across a range of sectors, this practice is growing its reputation almost as quick as its filling its award cabinet.
Due to its growth and demand for its services, they are looking to recruit a talented Senior Architect to join their creative and progressive team based in the head office located in the heart of Basingstoke town centre. With a portfolio including education, commercial, community and residential this is a great opportunity to bring design focus to a wide range of projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Under minimal Director supervision, you will be responsible for taking responsibility as the team leader for specific areas of the design and project development. Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing medium to large scale projects and/or numerous small-scale projects, with a particular focus on residential and education schemes
- Preparing and developing surveys, plans, specifications, drawings, models and images
- Producing detailed drawings
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors, consultants and authorities; including planning and delivering client presentations
- Liaising with internal and external team members and organisations
- Supervising and tutoring junior staff
- Involvement in business development including networking and attending professional events in order to win new business
- Working with the Directors to set out budgets, costs, deadlines and resources
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ PQE
- A strong background of leading residential and/or education projects within the UK
- Excellent all-round experience across all RIBA work stages
- Experience leading, coordinating and supervising internal and external teams
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- An understanding of the financial aspects of running a project on time and on budget
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks is preferable
Candidates should be able to work well under pressure, demonstrate their ability to meet deadlines efficiently and be confident in making decisions independently.
Salary & Package
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis with a salary of between £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience, in addition to the following benefits:
– Competitive holiday allowance
– Contributory pension
– Healthcare (after 2 years of service)
– Paid ARB subscription
Working hours are 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
The office also benefits from a central location in the heart of the city with access to local shops,restaurants and excellent transport links.