The NPS Group is one of the country’s most respected property design and management consultancies with offices throughout the UK. We are a multi-disciplinary practice and our expanding business offers exceptional career prospects and opportunities.
NPS Ampthill is seeking to appoint a Senior Architect who will be responsible for leading a team, ensuring that the team promote and maintain the highest levels of architectural design quality and innovation, and that all designs are subject to design review.
As a fast growing and innovative organisation, we pride ourselves on offering candidates a flexible and rewarding working environment with a generous Benefits/Holiday Package and encourage a positive and hardworking mind-set.
- Provide leadership, management and direction in a manner consistent with the NPS Group values.
- Provide full ‘Architect’s Service’ as described in the RIBA Plan of Work and the
- “Standard Form of Agreement for the Appointment of an Architect”.
- Ensure compliance with clients’ Standing Orders, Codes of Practice and relevant legislation.
- Effectively assess team and individual strengths and development needs, putting in place appropriate actions / learning requirements.
- Deliver a quality design service for all projects that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure that projects are managed in a way that ensures the agreed rate of return is received.
- Provide and maintain high standards of design, construction and contract management, and support the senior colleagues in maintain standards and ensuring compliance.
- Prepare and check drawings and specification, for schemes technical accuracy and compliance with appropriate standards.
- Lead and manage the delivery of a design review service across multi-disciplines, maintaining and promoting high standards of design, construction and contract management and promote Sustainable Design across the team, and within projects wherever possible.
- Provide architectural advice to clients.
- Contribute to the achievement of the business plan objectives.
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
- Fee earning at 90%, and contribute to the achievement of business plan objectives and targets.
- This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required
- Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post
- Inspire a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, ensuring the delivery of demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
- The ideal candidate will have Membership of the Architects Registration Board
- Also, suitable applicants will have Professional Chartered Membership of the Royal British Institute of British Architects
- Ideally, you will have the ability to hit the ground running and tackle challenging projects with a positive attitude.
NPS are a successful and expanding company that values and respects our employees. We offer generous remuneration, excellent working conditions, training and development and flexible working.
NPS Group aims for our employees to be truly representative of our society and welcomes applications from all sections of our communities. We are wholly committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.