Job Title: Architectural Consultant
Role: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Redbourn (Hertfordshire)
Salary: £33,000 - £36, 0000 per annum
Company: NWA Plc Closing Date: 30/07/2017
NWA Plc specialises in the commercial sector and in particular the Data Centre Market where the practice delivers buildings of exceptional quality in both design and construction detailing.
We are now looking for an experienced Architectural Consultant to join our team. The successful candidate will gain exposure to the inner-working of an architectural practice, as well as the opportunity to contribute to a variety of exciting commercial projects. The practice has a number of projects moving quickly through planning and into construction, so the successful candidate must have a genuine interest and extensive knowledge in construction and detailed design.
- Carry out building analysis and test-fit space planning, identify staff occupancy densities and assess the impact of client headcount growth scenarios;
- Preparing detailed scale drawings and specifications for design and construction and submits these for planning approval, client approval, and design team coordination;
- Monitors construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications;
- Collating data from surveys and generating summaries and graphic outputs for inclusion in Reports in order to define client brief;
- Assisting with research into current building design, best practice by sector and industry;
- Produce full construction packages & assisting with concept developments;
- Analyses site survey and advises client on development and construction details and ensures that proposed design blends in with the surrounding area;
- To visit and inspect client sites and provide advice on construction and submit these for planning approval, client approval, and design team coordination;
- Liaise with client and other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations and landscaping requirements.
Skills, Qualifications and experience needed:
- Experience working at RIBA stages 0-6 is essential.
- Data centre design and delivery experience is a must;
- Understanding of highly services/coordinated Mission Critical buildings;
- To be familiar with British Standards, Statutory requirements as well as Danish local Standards to ensure compliance of design;
- Extensive knowledge of BIM – Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD are essential. Clash Detection in federated models and BIM 360 Glue are a plus;
- Experience in preparing project specification and be confident in communicating with client, suppliers, manufacturers and technical bodies;
- Have a broad understanding of materials and confidence in detailing interfaces between them;
- Knowledge of detailing and constructability and of local building practices;
- Ability to write detailed specifications and drawings to a high standard;
Right to work check will be required prior to employment commencing.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter with the subject line ‘Application for Architectural Consultant’.
Apply for Architectural Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly