This role will allow you to incorporate a healthy work-life balance and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects sectors, so there is no need to be concerned with being Pidgeon holed. With a growing business and great working environment, this is a can’t miss opportunity. Based in the heart of Chichester this award winning, highly successful and friendly practice have a great opportunity for an Architect to join their growing team.
Established over 25 years ago the practice is made up of around 40 people working in a beautifully converted period building in the centre of the city. The practice has an excellent reputation for design quality and has developed long-standing relationships with a wide range of clients across the UK ensuring an excellent pipe line of future work. They possess a varied portfolio of projects including education, residential, car showrooms and corporate headquarters. Due to continued success and growth, they now have a requirement for an Architect.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparing working drawings, building regulations and specifications
- Manage client/firm relationships and all contractor arrangements
- Visit site periodically, attend project meetings and observe construction progress when and where required
- Running own projects across all RIBA stages
- Supervising and managing team members
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III qualified or equivalent
- ARB registered
- A minimum of 2 years solid UK private practice experience working in either the residential or education sectors would be advantageous but not essential
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the construction stages and experience in the delivery of projects
- Knowledge in AutoCAD or Revit would be highly advantages.
- Be located close or looking to relocate within a 45-minute commute of the business
Salary & Package
The role would offer a competitive salary based on level of experience.
The office is located in the city centre offering excellent access to the local shops and restaurants. The practice offers a paid parking permit for a public car park a short walk from the office, secure bicycle parking with onsite showers and is just a 5-minute walk from both the bus and train station. This highly sociable team runs a wide variety of social and team events such as meals out, go karting, snooker tournaments or even a game of rounder’s in the park after work. The practice also prides itself on its ongoing training and development of staff members of all levels.