This is an amazing opportunity for an Architect to join a vibrant and award-winning practice, where staff are nurtured and genuinely appreciated. Based in the riverside town of Weybridge, next to a selection of pubs, restaurants and shops, the practice strongly encourages a good work-life balance, whilst also ensuring they always maintain a high quality of work.
With a steady increase in workload, my client now requires an additional Architect to join their team and work on some exciting residential projects. This is an opportunity to develop yourself into a well-rounded Architect, where you will be given a high level of responsibility and full ownership of projects, from initial concept through to completion.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of one or more projects, leading them from inception to completion. You must therefore be able to demonstrate strong capabilities across RIBA stages 0-7.
You will be dealing with clients, colleagues, suppliers, statutory bodies and contractors – ensuring a broad variety of work on a daily basis. Whilst initially reporting to a line manager, your long term goal should be to take ownership of an increasing number of complex of projects.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conditions surveys and historic building appraisals
- Production of presentation material
- Conceptual design
- Technical development of projects
- Delivery of production information
- Production of reports, drawings, schedules and specifications
- Submission of planning and listed building applications, including writing heritage impact assessments and design and access statements
- Submission of building regulation applications, including coordination of technical material
- Site co-ordination and building contract administration
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years post Part III experience
- Ideally ARB or RIBA registered
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience, working within a UK based practice
- Excellent design skills and professional experience working on high-end, residential projects
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Confident making site visits
- Happy being client facing
- Proficient on AutoCAD, Photoshop and Sketchup
- Be able to assist more junior team members
This role is perfect for an individual who is looking for a great work-life balance by working hard, but having fun! You should be personable and provide a positive attitude into the office.
Salary and Package
My client is able to offer an amazing package, of which includes a salary between £35,000 – £42,000 DOE and the following benefits:
- 20 days holiday with 5 additional days over Christmas
- Two discretionary bonuses per years subject to company performance
- Professional subscriptions paid for
- Career reviews
- A generous pension scheme
You will be working within a firm that ensures the studio has an open and friendly environment with a strong ethos focused on being outgoing and generating a social atmosphere. Alongside the great work/life balance, the company offer regular staff lunches and monthly team building/social events.