Director level role at Baca Architects
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Operations Director at Baca Architects at an exciting moment in the studio’s development as we break into large-scale national and international projects.
We have recently won two national UK competitions, yet to be announced. And ten years of R&D is now paying dividends with the practice on the cusp of securing significant international commissions.
The starting salary will be £55,000 with view to the employee acquiring significant shares in the company by way of an annual bonus once trust has been established and competency proven.
The ideal candidate will have strong business development and client relationship management skills, along with proven design and technical skills, allowing him/her to assist the Team Principal in the stewardship of the practice.
- Negotiate fees and appointments, agree briefs and manage client relationships to ensure smooth project performance
- Take responsibility for programming work and project finances.
- Proven ability to manage the delivery of multiple projects to time and budget.
- Lead client/stakeholder presentations and manage external design teams
- Provide oversight for all projects in the practice and handle day-to-day issues that arise.
- Staff management experience is critical with excellent team building skills.
- In tandem manage own higher level projects from inception to completion
- Be competent in both design and technical aspects of architecture
- Assist in-house teams to co-ordinate and deliver all RIBA work stages.
- Actively provide management and contractual expertise before, during and post site operations.
- Must be ARB certified
- Very thorough, responsible, diligent, proactive and quick to take initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a busy and demanding environment.
- Any / all other duties a Company Director would be expected to carry out
www.baca.uk.com / www.bacahomes.co.uk
How to apply
Please send your portfolio and CV (no more than 10 pages and no more than 5Mb) in one pdf to Andrew Scrace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark your email 'Director role June 2017'.