Experienced Part III Architect
Quinn Architects is a close-knit and friendly team based in Shoreditch with an exciting international portfolio of bespoke high-end residential and mixed-use projects.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and talented Part III Architect to join our young and vibrant architectural practice immediately and lead our high-end residential projects. Our ideal candidate will be client-facing, share an interest in bespoke detailing, and be able to demonstrate a wide range of experience from project inception to post-occupancy. Working closely with the Director and Associates, success in the role will depend on the candidate’s ability to work flexibly using their own initiative and conduct themselves with a calm and personable manner. There will be opportunities to play a prominent role across our current and upcoming projects, as well as in the strategic direction of the practice.
As a studio, we encourage creativity and independence and can offer the following benefits:
- Broad range of clients and the chance to work on projects at all RIBA workstages
- Opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects in a creative and supportive environment
- Pension provision
- Regular team lunches and social drinks
- Open plan studio in a wider creative community, in the heart of Shoreditch
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a senior role within a growing and successful practice.
Essential candidate requirements:
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in architectural practice within the last five years, to include significant post-Part III experience as described below:
- Proven experience with UK-based projects and a good understanding of all RIBA workstages as lead designer
- Demonstrable experience with technical detailing
- Demonstrable experience of running high-end residential projects with a contract value of £2million+
- Proven ability to guide a design team from inception through to project completion
- Proven ability to work flexibly within a small team
- Previous experience of client liaison
- Previous experience of on-site construction
- Previous experience of Contract Administration and/or Project Management
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Vectorworks 2D, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite on the Mac platform
Desirable candidate requirements:
- Experience of conservation and/or listed building projects
- Experience of competitions and awards
Please forward your curriculum vitae, a brief overview of your portfolio and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF format). Successful applicants will be invited for interview on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged.
To aid the process please provide the following information in your covering email:
- A brief summary of any relevant work experience and overview of how you feel you meet the candidate requirements
- What do you see as your particular skills and what skills do you hope to develop further?
- What are your salary expectations?
- When you would be available to start and do you have any major holidays booked?
Quinn Architects are an equal opportunities employer. Please note that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.