A reputable, specialist architectural practice based in Soho; demonstrating an original and modern design style and a collaborative history with some of London’s most prestigious firms.
The company was founded in the early 90’s by 3 Directors, driven by the ambition to ensure their buildings are enjoyed and add long-term value to their clients. They have an impressive portfolio across a broad range of project sectors including leisure, workplace and residential; but their core specialism lies in the retail sector, specifically shopping centres.
They are currently a team of 10, comprising Architects, Technologists and Specification Writers.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will play a key role in the developed and technical design of three major retail projects. One of these schemes is the remodelling of an existing building in Cheshire; the other two are complex, technically challenging schemes in Reading.
You will report to one of the company Directors and will be working alongside a Part II who will provide you with support throughout the summer months.
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part II qualified or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years’ practical UK experience
- Previous experience through RIBA stages 3-5
- Thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction technology
- Exceptional technical and construction detailing ability
- A high level of proficiency in Vectorworks 3D and NBS Building would be advantageous
- A background in retail and/or shopping centre schemes would be favourable, but is not essential; however a commercial or varied sector background is important.
Salary & Package
The role is offered on a 6 month contract, with the potential to become permanent if completed successfully.
The successful applicant will be offered a salary of up to £36,000, pro rata, depending on experience and paid on an hourly basis.
If, after the initial 6 months, the role does become permanent, candidates are entitled to a workplace pension scheme and health insurance. After 1 years’ employment, you will be enrolled in the company bonus scheme.
All staff are entitled to 21 days annual leave in addition to bank holiday and 3 days over the Christmas period when the company shuts down.
Working from offices in the heart of Soho, the team enjoy a friendly and sociable atmosphere. They enjoy staff events; and the Directors ensure both a summer and Christmas party is always on the cards.
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly