We are looking for a qualified architect or Technologist to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing, detailing, specifying and overseeing the construction. We have a wide and varied portfolio of work, mostly traditional construction with a large proportion of the work being on all grades of Listed Buildings and in Conservation Areas. You will be involved in new build, extensions, alterations, restorations and a significant amount of conservation work, from inception to completion and this will involve direct contact with the clients throughout. The practice is small and friendly with a part-time Golden Retriever running the personnel department. The office is based in Eton.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Take the “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals.
- Liaise with local planning authorities and Building Control.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections
- Compile project specifications and technical details
- Keep within budgets and timelines
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Make on site visits to check on project status and report on project. Take minutes of meetings.
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
- Follow architectural trends and advancements
- Proven working experience as an architect
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards .
- A good grounding in traditional construction and, ideally, have an understanding of conservation techniques
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, AutoCAD) - the office uses CADDIE, which is compatible with AutoCAD.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills with good standard of English (much of our work is for Public Schools.)
- 20 days holiday
- RIBA Pension
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly