We are a RIBA Chartered Architects Practice in Leatherhead, Surrey who provide complete architectural services for all Stages of the RIBA Plan of Works 2013.
We specialise in private residential and Social Housing together with some commercial projects. High-end quality residential projects are our forte and particularly modern, contemporary new build and refurbishment projects within the residential and commercial sectors. Our projects are located throughout London and throughout the Home Counties and South East England. We predominantly focus on residential projects with values ranging from £100,000 up to £10 million in contract value, and office and commercial projects up to £15 million. An opportunity is now immediately available within the practice for both a talented and experienced RIBA Part III qualified Architect or experienced Architectural Technologist to join the team and take a leading role on both new and existing projects.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years PQE on UK residential or commercial projects with sound practical experience in these areas of work to help deliver our increasing number of projects as well as contribute to future business development. The successful applicant will have an excellent opportunity of sharing in the continued growth of the company and therefore a highly motivated and well-organised individual is the ideal candidate.
It is essential that the appointed person will have the ability to deliver quality in both design and technical detailing, as well as an exceptional ability to communicate with clients and liaise directly with contractors on site, including the capability to solve any construction issues. The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate strong, thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and building contracts, along with the ability to manage and work on several projects from inception to completion at any one time.
Job Description and requirements
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver high-class outcomes to time and within budgets. In addition to being able to prepare both innovative and practical design proposals to achieve successful outcomes from planning applications submitted, he or she will also have primary responsibility for delivering Production and Technical Information on projects. Experience in social housing projects is essential with a good working knowledge of the requirements and impact of Lifetime Homes and renewable energy. The ability to demonstrate proven outcomes in other spheres of architectural projects is desirable in order to assist the Practice to grow and develop new areas for work.
Key responsibilities are:
- Meet clients to develop project briefs and design programs;
- Evaluate and advise clients upon environmental, regulatory and legal requirements affecting the project and obtaining initial approvals including compilation and submission of Planning Applications;
- Continuously ensure all criteria is complied with for social housing client requirements in terms of space, sustainability, accessibility and economics;
- Liaising with and producing documentation for statutory authorities;
- Providing professional advice, guidance and decision making to clients, users and design/construction teams;
- Production of detailed working packages and producing, managing, controlling and integrating generic design and production information for use in future projects;
Essential skills required:
- Expert in AutoCAD, Revit and a suitable 3D drawing package (i.e. SketchUp or similar);
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Working knowledge of Lifetime Homes & Current Building Regulations;
- Articulate with a flexible attitude to assignments.
The applicant should be presentable with a proven record of delivering projects to time and budget.