Experienced Part II Assistant / Recently Qualified Architect
Looking to continue developing yourself even further within the high-end residential sector, with the chance to work on high quality, bespoke designs in the prime London area? This role is the perfect fit.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Architectural Assistant/recently qualified Architect with a minimum of 3 years UK experience, to join a luxury, multidisciplinary studio in Fulham. With a significant footprint in the high – end residential sector, they have worked on some of the most influential projects including; holiday retreats, London townhouses and country estates. Their work ranges from elegant interior schemes, through to complex buildings, underground extensions and expansive estates. With a fusion of both classical and contemporary styling, they create modern liveable spaces, whilst maintaining the character and authenticity of the buildings.
Specialists in hotels, boutique retail and high end residential, my client collaborate with some of the world’s leading Interior Designers, from Paris to New York, who value the attention to detail and balance they bring between architecture and interiors. Working for some of the Forbes 100 wealthiest, projects are valued in excess of 15 million pounds, with a majority of these based in Prime areas of London including, Belgravia, Hyde Park Square and Notting Hill.
Role & Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a unique super-prime new build residence in central London. This is a challenging bespoke project with a high level of finish both inside and out. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Report to the Director with progress of projects
- Work on a number of high end residential projects at one time
- Produce high quality drawings for both exterior and interiors
- Working as an all-rounder across all project stages
- Developing technical packages and detailed drawings
- Assisting with concept developments
- Site supervision and administration
- Producing clients presentation and 3D visuals when required
- Liaising with suppliers, contractors and third parties
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of both interior and exterior technical drawings
- Strong and proven technical ability
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience post Part II qualification
- Be confident in communicating with suppliers, manufacturers and technical bodies
- Strong working knowledge of building regulations
- Have a broad understanding of materials and confidence in detailing interfaces between them
- Have an interest in complex and detailed one off residential projects, new built and refurbishment
- Understanding of traditional building contracts and procurement methods
- Professional working experience in 2D AutoCAD
- Have good time management skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Have a get up and go attitude
- Be able to hit the ground running
Salary & Package:
Circa £35,000 DOE. In addition to a competitive salary, a pension is also available for the successful applicant.
Based within the beautiful grounds of a stately home in London, the building is shared by a number of other architectural practices and creative companies. In addition to the picturesque setting, you’ll find this an inspirational area to work, being surrounded by so many that are as equally passionate about design. This exciting time of growth means that this is a fantastic career opportunity and a genuine chance for progression with room to move up within the company.