Part II Architectural Assistant
We are an award winning boutique architecture practice based in London looking for an intelligent, talented Part II architectural assistant to contribute their skills and motivation with our ongoing project workload and to gain valuable experience towards Part 3 qualification.
The position provides a fantastic opportunity to be involved throughout all RIBA Work Stages, liaising direct with clients in the concept development and detailed design of residential projects where we are exploring ways to provide economical and well-designed solutions for a rapidly expanding London population.
We value creative and lateral thinking and are particularly interested in young designers with passion, flair and an ability to communicate their ideas verbally and on paper.
We are actively looking for someone that appreciates this work ethic and can both inspire and grow with us.
Required experience and skills:
- Part II Qualified or equivalent
- 2 years' UK experience in the residential sector
- Sound knowledge of UK Planning and Building Regulations
- Capable of preparing plans and reports for planning applications
- Confident in working independently and able to build strong working relationships with clients and contractors.
- Able to produce working drawings to a high standard
- Experience of accurately measuring buildings and building sites
- Confident in leading site meetings when required
- Experience of preparing tender packages
- Proficiency in the following programmes: AutoCad, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp
- First rate written and verbal communication skills
Please email with your bio / CV details and include:
- Examples of work that you consider appropriate
- Bullet-point summary of your biography, career achievements, and interests.
- A short statement on how you would address the ‘housing crisis’.
- Your availability including earliest possible start date.