K4 Architects Ltd are an RIBA Chartered Architectural Practice with an expanding portfolio of high profile projects. We are a dynamic design-led practice based in Birmingham in the creative quarter of the city, next to the proposed HS2 terminus.
We are looking for experienced architectural technician to join our friendly, professional team to work on prestigious residential / mixed use projects in Birmingham city centre.
This is initially a fixed term employment for 1 year with the potential for a permanent contract. Salary includes pension scheme and holiday pay. We will consider freelance contractors.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a proven track record of delivering fully detailed, residential and mixed use schemes
- Have the ability to lead in the production of drawing packages and the coordination of detailed design information to current Building Regulations standards.
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge, an interest in design and a flair for bespoke detailing
- Understand technical and professional aspects of work and continually develop knowledge of new systems and components.
- Produce material specifications and schedules of work.
- Liaise with design teams, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Demonstrate good time management and self-organisation.
- Have experience of running projects on site
- Have knowledge of Vectorworks including BIM capabilities
- Provide technical support and inspiration to graduates and newly qualified architects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in HNC, HND or degree in Architectural Technology.
- 5+ years within the industry.
- Strong knowledge of UK Building Regulations & Standards in the house building sector.
- On site experience.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision on construction drawings/building regulations requirements.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of products.
- High level of accuracy and administrative efficiency.