This award winning, design-led practice in North West London, has an eclectic portfolio of projects in a variety of sectors across the UK. The company now have a range of exciting work in the pipeline, including luxury residential, mixed-use, education, and student accommodation projects.
Established in 2004, the practice are winners of a number of awards and have a diverse portfolio of work in both the private and public sector. Their expertise lie within the design and construction of residential developments, commercial, luxury housing, hospitality, education, cultural, community and urban planning projects. The practice are currently involved in a variety of high-end residential, mixed-use and commercial developments, all of which are based within the UK. Most of these are entering the technical design and construction stages, with construction values ranging from £1m – £32.5m.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist with the growth of the practice and contribute to expanding their project portfolio. You will be working primarily on a multi-unit residential project that is currently underway, but you will also have the opportunity to work on a number of other projects across a variety of other sectors. You will be expected to work on all RIBA stages, but to begin this role will require you to focus predominantly within stages 3 – 7. In addition to the above, you will be asked to attend site meetings.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years post part III experience
- The ability to demonstrate strong design and communication skills with proven technical knowledge
- Proven experience working on multi-million pound projects through from construction to completion
- A solid knowledge of UK building regulations and procurement methods
- Proficiency in Vectorworks is essential
- 3D Vectorworks BIM experience would be advantageous
- Experience working on multi-unit residential projects is essential
- Personal motivation and discipline to work independently, as well as in a team
- Be supportive of others
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong 3D modelling skills using Sketchup and/or 3Ds Max
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. These are essential for working with internal teams, external clients and consultants
- Previous experience of NBS Specification writing would be highly beneficial
- Contract administration knowledge would be advantageous
Salary & Package:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of circa £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience and a company pension scheme. In addition to these, there will be the possibility of private healthcare at a later stage.
The office has a vibrant, social and diverse team of people, who are regularly rewarded for their hard work. During the summer months, the office offer ‘half day Fridays’ and there are social outings every month, be it gin tasting, wine tasting, exhibition viewing etc… they also have tennis matches on Thursdays. Recently, the whole team have been water-skiing and spent the afternoon in a lovely vintage pub. Extra holiday is given over Christmas, in addition to annual holiday leave entitlement.