Scope of Role
The Role of the Design Manager will consist of leading the Design and Document Control Department in line with RIBA Work Plan.
The Role will require an extensive experience in design management and document control in construction industry, exceptional communication and negotiations skills, good knowledge in building legislations and Health & Safety regulations
- Lead a team of professional designers and document controllers.
- Lead the design processes in line with RIBA Work Plan
- Supervise the timely and professional implementation of the Document control protocols and processes related to all design aspects of the project.
- Agree appointment and scope of service for the Design Team.
- Take responsibility to develop the current Design and Document Control Management Processes & Procedures.
- Provide Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with designers.
- Review all design issues relating to GA's.
- Review compliance with Building Bulletins and other statutory regulations.
- Lead the coordination with Clients and Key Stakeholders since the initiation of the project
- Liaise with the Commercial Team for cost checking.
- Monitor design & respond to technical queries.
- Review design deliverables and design programmes.
- Assist with procurement and construction programmes
- Review compliance of design against Employer's Requirements/ Specifications/Contractors Proposals/Budget.
- Provide input to evaluating design changes requests and control design change.
- Chair Design reviews and presentations to Client Teams.
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Developing detailed deliverable schedules for each design discipline and coordinating these with their procurement and construction programmes.
- Help to ensure designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Managing the design submitted requirements to the client representatives, design team and third parties such as building control.
The successful applicant will be required, but not limited to have the following attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years Construction / Design & Build experience, Ideally in High-End Residential Sector
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Able to programme design works.
- Developing knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities
- Developing understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Developing understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
- RIBA Chartered Architect
Apply for Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly