We have a vision of creating a ‘Super studded Property Team’ and the first step is to bring industry recognised talent & resources in-house. With an ever growing portfolio of International brands and our own developed concepts, we have an exciting new role for an experienced Project Architect to join the Team.
Working collaboratively with the UK & Group Property Teams, including our in house; M&E Engineer, QS & Project Managers, your accountabilities will include:
- Being our Expert on all things Architectural on a ‘hands on’ capacity for SSP UK & (Group as and when required) ensuring the best possible value for the business.
- Setting & adapting the Architectural Blue Print standards for our Coffee, Bakery & Casual Dining Formats, working closely with the Brand Development Team.
- Creating all standard 'Own Brand’ Feasibility and Construction drawing packs for Tender submission and able to produce 3D renders when required.
- Preparing drawings for Tender for 'own brand’ units, including, General Layout, floor finishes, ceiling plan with lighting, equipment layout, Specification, M&E general performance specification in addition to detailed drawings of counters, floor finishes and other details appropriate to the layout.
- Attending Design Team meetings on site to review progress with Contractor and Project Mangers.
- Providing necessary clarification / information to Contractors and the design team as necessary during the delivery of the scheme.
- Reviewing and signing off the quality of delivery and standards.
As this is a new position for SSP we are looking for an industry expert, who can make the vision created by our Directors come to life. The essential requirements are:
- Known and established within the F&B/Retail Industry for Architectural and Design expertise.
- Professional ARB / RIBA Degree qualification, with substantial post RIBA Part III experience.
- Expert Architectural skills within a highly commercial environment, able to work independently with great problem solving ability.
- Demonstrates excellence in AutoCAD, Sketch-up drawing software to create drawings / renders.
- Demonstrates skills in setting up and managing standard project / drawing libraries / standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing & client relation skills
- Excellent knowledge of specifications, contract documentation and RIBA work stages for project delivery.
SSP is the leading dedicated operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide. We have a long heritage in food and travel, with over 60 years’ experience in the industry.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer you a rewarding and vibrant working environment, real and achievable career opportunities and competitive salary.