Are you a design-led architect, entrepreneurial, personable and a great communicator? If yes, then this is a great career opportunity for you to join our practice to work alongside the founder to ensure smooth running of client projects across the team, as well develop and grow the practice together.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Idea Generation, Creative and Production
- Architectural design & detailing for a range of projects including design led residential and commerical.
- Deliver detailed designs and supporting documentations for construction projects e.g. concept schemes, planning submissions, design statements and assessments.
- Creative input on projects which you are directly or indirectly involved with
- Take design briefs through to finished detailed drawings
- Provide proactive support to the other team members
- Work on projects simultaneously, to high standards and within timescales
Business Growth and Development
- Working with the founder on opportunities and shaping the future direction of the practice.
- Attending relevant networking and industry events representing SFA
Research and CPD
- Keep in touch and up to date with developments in the industry from Architectural design you love through to new material technologies e.g. cladding, sustainable development's, design principles
- Explore and recommend supplier and consultant options
- Keep up to speed with designing for future legislation compliance
- Work closely with team to ensure projects are managed in accordance with office systems e.g. sign-off process, project scheduling and finance
- Ensuring clients are kept up to date and informed on project status
- ARB Qualification (essential)
- Minimum 3 years experience post part 3 (desirable)
- RIBA Chartered Architect (desirable)
Things that would make you stand out
- Impressive design-led portfolio/concepts
- Experience in using Revit
- Professional development budget
- Profit sharing bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours and homeworking
- Great work environment and office dog (occasionally)
- 30 days annual leave (including normal statutory bank holidays).
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Day off on your birthday, if you prefer, the day after
- RIBA and ARB fee paid
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your CV and salary expectation
- What would make you excited to come to work every day?
- Tell us about a project (personal or professional) you loved working on
- What’s your passion? What do you do in your spare time and what inspires you to do it?
No agencies please.
ABOUT SIMON FOOTE ARCHITECTS
Simon Foote Architects is an award winning, design-led practice based in the Midlands. Across residential, commercial and community projects, we create value through intelligent design that delivers buildings and spaces where people enjoy living and working.
We design buildings and spaces that people love to live in, creating environments that are led by lifestyle and which add to the property’s value. We provide a complete solution for owners, developers and landlords, fulfilling the potential of portfolios and delivering commercially successful buildings within the desired timeframe. We deliver sustainable public buildings and social spaces that are driven by the requirements of users and visitors, enabling communities and culture to thrive.