PII Architectural Assistant / PIII Architect
We are looking to recruit an experienced and talented Part 2 / P3 graduate to join our small niche architectural, planning and development practice.
BBAP is a planning-led design consultancy, with a strong focus on a holistic approach to development and the construction industry. We are both architects and planning consultants, mixing professions to deliver projects for our clients in a comprehensive manor.
We are a small firm made up of 4 of us, 2 directors (architectural and planning led), 1 architect, 1 assistant therefore everyone shares the common goal. We specialize in:
- Residential development (small to large scale).
- Commercial development
- Community projects (churches, theatres)
- Renewable projects (solar farms, AD)
- Masterplanning and urban design
- Town planning - working for and alongside medium to large developer clients
- Planning appeals (hearings, enquiries)
- Enforcement issues
- Development projects (design, build and manage).
We are Architects, Planning Consultants and Developers.
Essentially, we build things conventionally as Architects, and we also run projects as lead planning consultants often with other architectural practices below us. We believe that sustainable development is that which is planning-led, ensuring that projects can be delivered with minimal planning risk, often widening architectural scope. Architects may design buildings, but often in our experience ship out the planning issues or ignore them assuming design trumps all. Ignoring planning constraints or opportunities, in our eyes, does not make for sustainable development.
We are also developers! We have a sister company called VIVID Property Ltd and we undertake small scale residential development, currently with 2 new build sites, and a 4 unit conversion of a Victorian building in central Worcester. This arm of the practice is expanding, with more sites being purchased this year and next, therefore candidates may be expected to assist in day-to-date site management as 'main contractor'.
1. Have experience in running projects from stage 0-5, working alongside a director or running the project alone! and:
2. Have a robust understanding of both conventional and unconventional construction techniques, detailing and specification.
3. Be capable of undertaking planning application work (drawings, statements and working with other consultants), as well as producing tender packages and building control works.
4. Be proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, MS Office suite, as well as building contract suites.
5. Have experience of working with, or against local planning departments and are familiar with National and (if possible) local planning policy.
6. BE MOTIVATED!
7. BE CONFIDENT - We are always up for a constructive argument both in the office and with Council's, local residents and other consultants!
7. Be able to work as part of the small 4 strong team, as well as self-manage project responsibilities (which may extend to direct client and LPA liaison).
Our practice is not a conventional Architectural practice, far from it, so candidates must demonstrate an interest in diversifying their skills and being part of the growing office. There is also opportunity to grow within the practice to director/share holder level should this be the right career opportunity for them.
T: 01905 723544
E: Dan.Stiff@BBAP.eu / Andrew@BBAP.eu
Follow us on twitter @BoughtonButler
We are based in Central Worcester, operating in Devon, to London, to Birmingham and the West. However mostly our work is regional within the West Midlands, therefore a local candidate would be preferred (M5 corridor - Bristol, Cotswolds, FoD, Herefordshire, Worcs, Birmingham, Stratford, Warwick). Our office is accessible from the M5 (J6/7), Foregate St (Worcester) train station and we have a secure car park for staff.
Initial 6 month contract (to test the water) at a competitive salary, followed by a permanent contract with both bonus incentive or share holder opportunities. 37.5 hours a week (hours to suit the projects/role).
Please contact me (Dan Stiff) or Andrew Boughton on the contacts above to apply. We would like to see a variety of sample works that may meet our requirements above, and a CV. Immediate start required - with a busy summer building, and pursuing consents ahead!