Architect / Job Runner
This role will allow you to incorporate a healthy work life balance back into your life. With a non-corporate approach, this is a practice that will not only support you in your professional development, but one that will welcome you as part of their Architectural family.
With nearly 45 years of experience in both, Architecture and Interior Design, this multidisciplinary practice covers a wide range of sectors including residential, retail, mixed use, conservation, leisure, education and master planning.
Having 2 UK offices based in Leeds and London, the company very much like to consider themselves as one big team. In Leeds there are currently 17 staff and in London 7, with plans to make this 9 by the end of the year. With a recent increase in workload, they are now looking to bring on board a confident Architect that has full job running experience to assist them with a number of UK based projects.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Job Runner your responsibilities will lie across all RIBA stages 0-7 and will include feasibility studies and a genuine opportunity for design input. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of their 7-person team, on residential, hospitality and retail projects. Live projects that you will potentially work on include: A residential scheme in Peckham, a one off house in Richmond, retail units valued at £7.5 million and a high end restaurant in Windsor.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience
- 3 years PQE part III professional experience
- Confident in hitting the ground running and happy to work independently
- Confident working across all RIBA stages and running a project through from conception to completion
- A strong understanding of the process of delivering high-quality projects is essential
- Sound knowledge of building regulations and NBS specifications
- Proven track record successfully coordinating and delivering projects on site
- Exceptional technical and construction detailing ability
- Ability to independently resolve issues on and off site
- Excellent communication and client liaison skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microstation or Revit
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage
- Happy to take on independent responsibility
- Ability to start ASAP is highly beneficial
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary between £35,000 – £40,000 DOE, in addition to a 2% pension scheme and childcare vouchers. Office hours are 9 am – 5.45 pm Monday – Thursday and 9 am – 4.30 pm on Fridays.
Based within the popular Leathermarket grounds, the office is just a 10 minute walk from London Bridge station and The Shard, making this both a sought after and easily commutable location to work. Their open plan office means that there is a relaxed environment, allowing you to easily interact with all other team members, as well as a peaceful garden terrace to chill in on summers days.
With an early finish on Fridays, the team make the most of their social time and the practice support this by actively encouraging a healthy work life balance. As a whole, they have a fantastic staff retention rate, with one team member recently celebrating their 20 year anniversary of employment this year. With a close family feel to the business, the London office and Leeds office try to get together as much as they can. They prefer to see this as one company and one large team, simply separated into two locations. Together they celebrate Christmas as one big team and a summer event takes place each year, just as an excuse to meet up. Individually both offices often go out for lunches together and friendships have formed within the teams, making this a genuinely enjoyable place to work. Regular CPD’s opportunities are also available, both externally and internally.