This role will allow you to incorporate a healthy work life balance back into your life, even in a senior position. With a non-corporate approach, this is a practice that will not only support you in your professional development, but one that will welcome you as part of the architectural family.
With nearly 45 years of experience in both, Architecture and Interior Design, this multidisciplinary practice covers a wide range of sectors including residential, retail, mixed use, conservation, leisure, education and master planning.
Having 2 UK offices based in Leeds and London, the company very much like to consider themselves as one big team. In Leeds there are currently 17 staff and in London 7, with plans to make this 9 by the end of the year. With a recent increase in workload, they are now looking to bring on board an Associate Architect to assist the London team with a number of UK based projects.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of their 7-person team, across a variety of residential, hospitality and retail projects. You will work alongside another Associate and will report to the 3 partners. You will also help manage the day to day running of the London office and provide support to more junior members of staff.
This is a very client focused role; you will spend a lot of time liaising face to face with your clients, ensuring you gain a deep understanding of their requirements and following through with these requests. You’ll represent the brand, ensuring the quality of client service is kept to a high standard.
Business development is also an important part the role; A proven track record of winning jobs is essential for this position, as is having a strong network within London and UK wide. With freedom to research into new job opportunities this is a fantastic chance to make a mark in the practice, proving yourself as a credible and proactive member of the team.
Live projects that you will potentially work on include: A residential scheme in Peckham, a one off house in Richmond, retail units valued at £7.5 million and a high end restaurant in Windsor.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ UK experience
- 4 years PQE part III professional experience
- A strong understanding of the process of delivering high-quality projects is essential
- Sound knowledge of building regulations and NBS specifications
- Confident working directly with clients and the ability to present to them
- Having an interest in personally researching job opportunities
- The ability to gauge a deep understanding of clients individual needs
- Experience and extensive knowledge of residential and PRS projects
- Retail, commercial and leisure project experience is also beneficial
- Proven track record successfully coordinating and delivering projects on site
- Ability to independently resolve issues on and off site
- Excellent communication and client liaison skills
- Have a good networking history in the UK
- Confident winning new business
- Experience managing a small team
- Excellent knowledge of Microstation or Revit
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary of circa £50,000 DOE, in addition to a 2% pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
Regular CPD opportunities are also available, both externally and internally. Office hours are 9 am – 5.45 pm Monday – Thursday and 9 am – 4.30 pm on Fridays.
Based within the popular Leather market grounds, the office is just a 10 minute walk from London Bridge station and The Shard, making this both a sought after and easily commutable location to work. Their open plan office means that there is a relaxed environment, allowing you to easily interact with all other team members, as well as a peaceful garden terrace to chill in on summers days.
With an early finish on Fridays, the team make the most of their social time and the practice support this by actively encouraging a healthy work life balance. As a whole, they have a fantastic staff retention rate, with one team member recently celebrating their 20 year anniversary of employment this year.
With a close family feel to the business, the London office and Leeds office try to get together as much as they can. They prefer to see this as one company and one large team, simply separated into two locations. Together they celebrate Christmas as one big team and a summer event takes place each year, just as an excuse to meet up. Individually both offices often go out for lunches together and friendships have formed within the teams, making this a genuinely enjoyable place to work.
Regular CPD’s opportunities are also available, both externally and internally.