We’re seeking an architect with experience in the field of conservation and heritage to fulfil a brand new permanent role in the team at Birmingham. Ideally you would either have completed a specialist conservation accreditation/ qualification (AABC) or be in the process of obtaining that accreditation/qualification.
About the role:
We are looking for a creative and talented architect who wishes to develop a career with BDP. You will work creatively, quickly and co operatively within a team environment to produce extremely high quality RIBA Stages 0-3 and to develop your skills in RIBA stages 4-7 integrated design, construction information, on-site inspection and feedback.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing the Brief
- Analysing the site and advising on the site context, constraints and opportunities
- Concept design production from briefing information
- Creation of concept 3D model options
- Development of preferred concept option into presentation standard models
- Rendering of model images in specialist software
- Development of masterplan and building plans using 2D CAD software
- Development of elevational and sectional models using 2D CAD software
- Creation of CGI views using a REVIT base model
- Post production work in Photoshop to CGI views
- Post production work to elevations and sections created in Microstation CAD.
- Development of design reports and bids in adobe InDesign
- Integration of structural and M&E engineering
- Manipulation and development of elements of a REVIT whole building model
- Development of tender package information including product selection and NBS specification
- Responding to client and design team queries
- Area scheduling
You will be educated to BArch/ PGdipArch or the equivalent and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of conservation following successfully completing RIBA part III.
Ideally you would either have completed a specialist conservation accreditation/qualification (AABC) or be in the process of obtaining that accreditation/ qualification.
You will ideally have the following personal, professional and software skills to an advanced standard:
- Have an engaging personality and the ability to work collaboratively
- Be a clear thinker, articulate and well organised
- Have a strength in architectural thinking; design strategy and architectural narrative, urban design, aesthetic/proportion, materiality and detail and the ability to realise high quality buildings.
- The ability to manage and mentor others and being open to being managed and mentored
- Experience in the procurement of buildings and ability to run projects on site
- An attractive hand drawing style or equivalent skill in quickly visualising design for clients in 3d.
- REVIT/3D and rendering
- Microstation or AutoCAD 2D
- Adobe Creative suite
- Microsoft Office
- be able to receive information and instructions and rapidly assimilate them
- be proficient in managing your own time to meet tight deadlines
- be able to develop partnerships with your team, studio colleagues and the other professions within BDP recognising and understanding their differing requirements
- have the confidence and ability to present and explain ideas
BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal and career development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions. We have a Social Life committee which organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities and a communication committee for improvement and development ideas. Our Birmingham studio is in a recently refurbished Victorian building within a designated conservation area in the city centre situated on Edmund Street.
Please visit our dedication careers website and include a CV and covering letter as well as a sample portfolio. In addition, your CV can include links to an online portfolio. Please state your salary expectation in your application.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer
We are not accepting third party or agency applications for this role