PRINCIPLE ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
An opportunity has arisen at our Solihull office, which specialises in warehouse/distribution, office and masterplanning projects.
Stephen George + Partners has considerable experience in the masterplanning, design and delivery of industrial and logistics
buildings often working on complex and diverse sites. We combine strong design skills with commercial realism to produce coherent and deliverable solutions. We are consistently amongst the top three practices in the UK operating within the logistics sector and we have over 150 live projects ranging from SME units to single buildings in excess of 93,000 m² (1 million sq.ft.).
The successful candidate needs to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working in design and delivery in the sector
- Extensive knowledge of Revit and BIM
- Ability to work directly with clients and contractors
- A strong track record of delivering successful buildings as the client lead
- A track record of successfully presenting designs to clients and at planning appeals
- To assist leading a team
- Extensive knowledge of logistics design
- Good presentation skills
- Calm temperament under pressure
- Capable of programming work to deadlines
- Familiar with leading an external consultant team
The successful candidate will be working in a unique and challenging environment and will be given the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the practice.
The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others. Whilst being adaptable by nature, the job candidate will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol. The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist or technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion. The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organised, structured, self- controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise. The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise and compliant.