Senior Architectural Technician / Technical Architect
An award winning, design-led practice in North West London, with an eclectic portfolio of projects in a variety of sectors across the UK, with a range of exciting luxury residential projects coming up.
Established in 2004, the practice are winners of a number of awards and has a diverse portfolio of both private and public sectors. Their expertise lie within the design and construction of residential developments, commercial, luxury housing, hospitality, education, cultural, community and urban planning projects. The practice is currently involved in a wide variety of projects throughout the UK, from high-end residential work, to large mixed-use and commercial developments. A majority of these are entering the technical design and construction stages and their construction values range from £1m – £32.5m.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist with the growth of the practice and contribute to expanding their project portfolio. You will be working within a number of sectors including; high-end residential, mixed-use commercial & housing developments, student accommodation, and educational projects. You will be working predominantly across RIBA stages 3 – 7. You will be responsible for the preparation of tenders, construction packages and dealing with building regulation matters and contractors queries. In addition to the above, you will be expected to lead and assist Junior Technicians and Architectural Assistants, whilst also attending site meetings.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 6 years post relevant qualification professional experience
- The ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and construction detailing
- Proven experience running multi-million pound projects through from construction to completion
- A solid knowledge of UK building regulations and procurement methods
- NBS Specification writing experience
- Personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of others
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong 3D modelling experience using Sketchup and/or 3Ds Max
- Proficiency in Vectorworks is advantageous but not essential
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. These are essential for working with internal teams, external clients and consultants
- The ability to carefully analyse problems in order to generate appropriate solutions
- Experience working on high-end residential projects would be beneficial
Salary & Package:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,000 – £45,000 dependent on experience and a company pension scheme. In addition to these, there will be the possibility of private healthcare at a later stage.
The office is a vibrant, social and diverse team of people who are regularly rewarded for their hard work. During the summer months, the office offer ‘half day Fridays’, there is a social outing every month, be it gin tasting, wine tasting, exhibition viewing etc…and they have tennis matches on Thursdays. Recently, the whole team have been out water-skiing and spent the afternoon in a lovely vintage pub! Extra holiday is also given over Christmas in addition to annual holiday leave entitlement.