Project Architect (Education)
Join this established and highly successful AJ Top 50 practice and take a leading role in a number of high profile education projects.
Due to continued success, this award winning AJTop50 studio who have an established, dynamic team of Architects and Interior Designers, are now seeking a talented individual to join them as part of their long-term, strategic planning and continued success.
The firm has grown from strength to strength and has built a diverse portfolio of work in a range of project sectors including education, mixed use, commercial, residential and retail.Roles and Responsibilities
This role will see the successful candidate working directly with Project Leaders to develop, manage and control the design and delivery of detailed information within the educaiton sector. You will be working directly with a small team, taking projects through from concept stage through to completion. You will be leading a team of Architects, along with an external design team of sub-consultants on a variety of large-scale and small-scale schemes.Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years relevant UK experience post Part III qualification
- Previous experience within the education sector
- Strong presentation and communication skills with demonstrable client facing experience
- The ability to lead new projects from concept to completion
- Capable of developing innovative and high quality design solutions
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbally and drawings
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design teams.
- Good working knowledge of building systems, regulations and construction types is essential for this role.
- Good working knowledge of BIM would be desirable but is not essential
The role is suited to a candidate with ambition and self-confidence; who possesses a determination to deliver excellence. Experience in a range of sectors couple with a particular focus working in the education sector would be advantageous.Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a generous package, including a salary up to £45,000, plus the following benefits as listed:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Medical Insurance
- Westfield Health Cover
- Life Insurance to 2.5 times annual salary
- Permanent Health (disability) Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday in addition to public holidays (plus 3 additional days on 5 years’ service)
- All business expenses reimbursed
The successful candidate will be working from a modern, purpose-built, three-storey studio in the picturesque and historic market of Westerham in Kent. This studio was established six years ago and has around 35 people working there. The area has brilliant transport links with a direct train to central London in under an hour. Despite its scale, the town has excellent shopping as well as a number of popular restaurants and pubs.