Façade Architect / Designer
Fluid Structures are seeking a Façade Architect / Designer to join their new façade division.
We are a cutting edge structural engineering practice of 40+ people based in Elephant and Castle. We work with many of the leading architectural practices, including Allies and Morrison, Make, Squire and Partners, Wilkinson Eyre etc.
We have in the last year started to build our façade team and are offering façade design services to our clients.
As a Façade Designer you will be tasked with roles such as:
- Providing design solutions, material specifications and quantities tailored to facility capabilities.
- Identifying and requesting all information needed early in the planning stages to progress the project further.
- Assisting and training less experienced members of the team.
- Communicating with the Contracts Manager, Clients, and Colleagues alike to discuss any potential barriers.
- Liaising with colleagues to manage cost control.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing, have working knowledge of safety in design, be computer literate on Microsoft office, AutoCAD and REVIT. You will also be experienced in the major aluminium systems and have a minimum of 5 years’ façade experience.
It is also desirable that you have gained a degree/diploma in a construction, engineering, or architectural related field.
We are prepared to offer a strong base salary as well as great benefits including a bonus scheme, 23 days holiday and a pension scheme.
If you feel you are perfect for this role, then don’t hesitate to get in touch to get the ball rolling on this fantastic opportunity to further your career.
CV’s and Covering Letters should be limited to 6MB or less and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With regret, due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, only successful candidates will be contacted.