Originally founded in the United States, my client has a proud heritage of creating Architecture in the world’s most complex urban environments. With a 140 staff strong office and an extremely reputable name for themselves in their American office, the practice now looks to break the UK market to build even further on their success.
Providing a range of Architectural Design and Technical services, predominantly within large scale/ high rise residential, hospitality and mixed use developments, they now seek a qualified Revit Architect to join their small office of 6 in the heart of London where the opportunities for progression are unlimited. The company is looking to expand its team to 12 by the end of the year, and become 20 by the middle of next year.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be heavily involved in all development, technical and construction stages of a large London based residential scheme. Your position within the practice will start by working on two residential block projects simultaneously, one of which is currently at RIBA stage 3 and the other on RIBA stage 2, totalling 525 units, which are currently being worked on in Revit. Other projects will vary, but will usually consist of 20-30 storey buildings with commercial units below.
Required Skills & Experience
A confident and clear approach towards their clients is vital, as well as the ability to communicate with the American team for the purpose of project amendments.
- A qualified Part III with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, within a professional practice, since qualifying
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience in a practice
- Experience in delivering large residential / mixed use projects
- Have a good balance of design and technical ability
- Excellent ability in detailing and specification writing
- Ability to manage workload efficiently, be well organised and self-motivated
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Fluency in Revit and excellent abilities in AutoCAD, Sketch Up and Photoshop are essential, other rendering programme skills are also desirable
- Experience using Revit throughout ALL stages of a live project in practice is essential
- Fluent spoken and written English
Applications without Revit unfortunately will not be considered.
Salary & Package
£35,000 – £42,000 DOE
A Pension, Healthcare, Optical and Dental cover will be provided for all staff members, plus 20 days holiday.
The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to travel to the United States as well as other overseas project locations. The London office is 5 minutes from Piccadilly Circus, a 3 minute walk from Trafalgar Square and an 8 minute walk from Green Park. The brand new office has an open plan layout and is kitted out with modern furniture, in preparation for when the team expand. A wide choice of fabulous restaurants and bars are also within a short walking distance of the practice.