Calling all experienced Architects and architectural Technologists in Bath and Bristol.
Are you looking to progress your career with a young dynamic company? Do you have a proven track record in architecture and surveying? Do you have a passion for design and a technical and scientific way of thinking? Are you customer driven with a right first time attitude?
If so we might have the perfect job for you! We currently have two vancancies due to relocation and growth!
We are a practice of Architectural Technologists, surveyors, architects, building engineers, energy assessors and building control consultants. Due to the variety of projects we work on, no two days are ever the same. The bulk of our work is residential ranging from small householder extensions, to housing estates, large apartment developments, barn conversions and much more. We also carry out a number commercial projects. We are looking for someone with experience that has the ability to run uncomplicated projects and full training will be given for the right candidate who will undoubtedly benefit from the practices multidisciplinary team experience and wide variety of work. You will learn new skills and services, with a concept to completion approach and benefit from a relaxed working environment. We are currently expanding and the role has excellent scope for growth.
Offering full on the job training as required we are looking for an individual to fulfill the role of architectural Technologist or architect within our multi disciplinary team. You will get to work on lots of projects helping the team develop our architectural schemes. At least two years PQE in architecture is necessary for technologists but we will consider more experienced candidates. Auto cad experience is a must and sketch up/revit etc is desirable, you must be able to demonstrate an excellent standard of English, a scientific and inquiring mind and a willingness to learn/participate.
A flair for art and design is also desirable.
Aciat/mciat riba partII or riba chartered required
Full details below:
Company: Western Building Consultants Ltd (WBC)
Job Title: Architectural Technologist/Architect
Reporting to: Architecture & Surveying Manager
• Under the supervision of the Architecture & Surveying Manager & Directors To provide Architectural Services and technical administration support in respect of all architecture and surveying services provided by WBC as required.
• Prepare Plans as required to client’s requirements for Building Projects for planning and building purposes.
• Ensure plans are accurate and meet client’s requirements, in relation to building regulations, planning requirements as necessary.
• Assist with the Provision of inspection services for building projects, Health & Safety services, CDM Coordination, Party Wall Act as required to ensure compliance with Regulations and Good Building Practice.
• Co-ordinate building project information, including pre construction requirements, continuing build issues and completion requirements.
• Liaise with clients, developers, other professionals and local authorities.
• Prepare accurate reports, inspection records.
• Assist with general office duties and administration including typing, filing, answering telephones, customer queries etc.
• Attend and run meetings as required, in the office and on site.
• Undergo training as required, Maintain membership of Professional bodies as required e.g (Mciat) and maintain up to date CPD records.
There may be a requirement to work outside normal working hours
• Prepare Accurate Architectural Plans and 3D modelling
• Accurately Measure Buildings and Building sites
• Maintain accurate and up to date records/files as required on projects
• Check submitted plans to ensure building works comply with The Building Regulations.
• Assist other surveyors as required measuring sites, inspecting works or providing technical advice and assistance.
• Prepare reports and inspection records as needed.
• Provide assistance to other team members with general admin duties, filing, answering tel. Calls, etc as required.
• Liaise with clients and members of the public on projects in a professional, courteous manner including the full running of basic projects
- ensure project invoicing is up to date and carried out in a timely manner
- make applications for planning, listed building consent, building regulations approval and other statutory applications
Min BSc (Hons) or equivalent (or PART 2 for Architects)
5 GCSE’s a-c (including maths, English and science)
Educated to A level Standard
Be proficient in the use of IT, Word, Excel, PowerPoint autocad sketch up etc.
Willing to undertake further CAD training if required
Have a Good standard of English and personal presentation
Able to work as part of a small friendly team
Have a current/ valid driving licence
Willing to adapt and develop the role of the post as required including undergoing further training and development.
Experience within the planning, Surveying or Architectural field
Have the use of own car (for which allowances will be paid)
The job will be permanent position assessed after an initial 6 month period.
The role will be full time 0800 – 1700. Monday to Friday
Salary negotiable depending on experience