Project Architect - High End Residential & Hospitality
A uniquely creative, design-led practice with an award winning portfolio which includes some of the most prestigious and desirable projects in London, require a Part II Architectural Assistant to join their culturally diverse team in Notting Hill and work on a range of restaurants, bars, hotels and high-end residential projects.
With a wide portfolio of projects, ranging from luxury, high-end apartments in prime areas of London to Safari Lodges in Africa, many architectural and interior design applicants seek work within this award winning firm. Their overall portfolio extends from very small scale projects, to much larger multi-million pound commissions; including high-end residential, hospitality and hotels.
The company’s Partners oversee their projects and focus on business development, while the 2 Associate Directors are responsible for the mentorship and development of the team. There are then 6 Associates who manage teams of approximately 15 staff each, consisting of Senior Architects, Architects and Assistants.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to simultaneously lead a number of medium scale projects, typically £1-£5million in contract value. Projects will include the refurbishment, fit out and new build of restaurant chains, bars, hotels and high-end residences. Reporting to an Associate, candidates will be required to:
- Lead through all RIBA work stages, with a particular focus on stages 4 and 5
- Lead and supervise concept, developed and technical design, contract administration & on-site management
- Manage client/contractor relationships throughout the projects lifespan
- Supervise, guide and coach Part I and Part II team members on your projects
- Present design and project reviews to both external and internal parties
- Manage resources and budgets in conjunction with the Associate
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified at RIBA Part III level with a minimum of 5 years UK experience post Part II
- Demonstrable experience running high quality hospitality & high-end residential projects
- High quality creative design skills, including hand-drawing
- Excellent technical drawing experience to include building scale & detailing
- Strong knowledge of contract administration, UK building regulations and planning standards
- Demonstrable experience supervising juniors
- A history of being the main point of contact for all external parties
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and, preferably, Vectorworks and/or Sketchup
Salary & Package
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis at a salary of £38,000 – £43,000, depending on experience. Working hours are 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Working from bright, modern offices that ooze creativity, you’ll settle in to a highly sociable atmosphere with a team of around 60 design-led individuals. The company offers their staff a variety of perks which include staff trips to European destinations, regular CPD sessions with free lunches, funding for education and good projects to work on as case studies.
The studio is conveniently located within a short walk of local tube stations, providing links via 3 different underground lines.