UXUS is a thought leading, global creative agency specializing in consumer experience. In 2013, we became part of the FutureBrand group, a leading brand consultancy network with over 25 offices worldwide.
Our expertise includes Retail Design, Restaurant Design, Hotel Design, Brand Identity & Communication, Concept & Brand Development and Architecture.
UXUS is looking for a talented, self-motivated, full-time, experienced, (min 5 years post graduate) qualified Interior Architect with experience of working on interior hospitality or retail projects. Depending on the project, the scope of work may range from initial concept to various phases including: schematic design, design development and construction documents and detailing (sometimes including bidding and construction follow-up).
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Professional degree in Architecture, Master planning, Design or in a relevant field
- Good design skills and understanding of construction principles, with a focus on interior detailing
- Experience in the hospitality or retail sector is required, including fixture design and prototyping as well as experience in designing floor layouts, custom furniture and specifying FF&E, products and materials
- Experience in all phases of the design process: conceptual, and design development, detailing construction documentation, construction administration and site inspection
- Excellent Auto CAD and/or Revit, and Adobe Suite skills
- 3D software skills preferred, in particular Rhinoceros 3D
- Experience in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, building design technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration, and experience managing other consultants
- Knowledge of finishes, materials, packages and details
- Experience coordinating design with other consultants
- Experience of FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling
- A working knowledge of building systems, regulations and construction methods
- Good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience working on international projects and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is required
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Articulate, assertive, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- Experience using both metric and imperial (US/UK) units preferred
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Other languages a plus