Part II Architectural Assistant
A uniquely creative, design-led practice with an award winning portfolio which includes some of the most prestigious and desirable projects in London, require a Part II Architectural Assistant to join their culturally diverse team in Notting Hill and work on a range of restaurants, bars, hotels and high-end residential projects.
With a wide portfolio of projects, ranging from luxury, high-end apartments in prime areas of London to Safari Lodges in Africa, many architectural and interior design applicants seek work within this award winning firm. Their overall portfolio extends from very small scale projects, to much larger multi-million pound commissions; including high-end residential, hospitality and hotels.
The company’s Partners run their projects and focus on business development, while the 2 Associate Directors are responsible for the mentorship and development of the team. There are then 6 Associates who manage teams of approximately 15 staff each, consisting of Senior Architects, Architects and Assistants.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to work on a range of medium scale projects, typically £1-£5million in contract value. Projects will include the refurbishment, fit out and new build of restaurant chains, bars, hotels and high-end residences. Candidates will be required to:
- Produce creative conceptual design drawings for both pitch documents and live projects (2D, 3D and hand-drawings)
- Produce drawings for planning and detailed tender packages
- Present your drawings to Associates, Project Architects and at internal project reviews
- Liaise directly with external consultants
- Attend on-site meetings and manage queries as required
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified at RIBA Part II level or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Demonstrable experience working on good quality restaurant chains and high-end residential projects
- Proven creative drawing skills, as well as solid technical experience
- A strong understanding of UK building regulations and planning standards
- A good understanding of contract administration
- An excellent ability to communicate in order to present to clients and build and maintain relationships
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and preferably Vectorworks and/or Sketchup
Salary & Package
The position is initially offered as a 3-month contract, with the potential for on-going work. This is a great foot-in-the-door opportunity with a very reputable, award winning London firm.
An hourly rate of between £15-£20 per hour will be offered, depending on experience.
Working from bright, modern offices that ooze creativity, you’ll settle in to a highly sociable atmosphere with a team of around 60 design-led individuals. The company offers their staff a variety of perks which include staff trips to European destinations, regular CPD sessions with free lunches, funding for education and good projects to work on as case studies.
The studio is conveniently located within a short walk of local tube stations, providing links via 3 different underground lines.