- Full Time
Conrad Consulting in partnership with an internationally renowned property development group are currently offering the opportunity for an experienced 'Design Architect' to join their specialist studio in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
The Company -
Our client operates a holistic approach to their property investments; taking projects through from land acquisition stage and through design, delivery, development and management of the building.
Following continued success across its core design market of High-rise student accommodation, luxury city-centre apartments and exciting build to rent schemes for the private rented sector, this company is experiencing significant growth at an exciting time.
Their present opportunity would suit perfectly an experienced Architect with a particular interest in the feasibility & land acquisition stages of the design process.
Those with aspirations to progress in a more commercially focused sector with a greater earning potential than a traditional Architectural practice will thrive here. By operating within a truly unique company you will be offered the unrestricted chance to learn, enhance and develop into a leading professional within your field.
The Opportunity -
Reporting to the Head of Acquisitions, you will be part of a team reviewing key city centre sites, on a national scale, for purchase and development producing feasibility studies for Student, PRS and Hotel developments. You wil be asked to communicate your ideas confidently and clearly, ideally through the use of Sketchup, REVIT or other 3D programmes. Good technical and buildability knowledge is essential to succeed in this role coupled with a commercial acumen and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The 'Design Architect' will not only be required to produce 'in house' feasibility studies but will be required to work closely with consultant Architects to develop solutions. You should be clear in your briefing and direction to enable the Architects to freely develop the design solutions to achieve unique, appropriate and relevant buildings, maximising the sites potential.
* To undertake site concept feasibilities and master planning exercises on all new sites across all company brands.
* Review suitability of any given site for one or more company brands and consider design response to maximise site potential.
* Work with the wider team, in particular planning and development colleagues to review height, massing and scale to set scheme principles.
* Coordinate viability assessments in alignment with Brand standards whilst maximising the efficiency of the design and potential of the site.
* Work with internal Brand architects and/or external architects in developing the scheme feasibility from site identification through to acquisition of the site.
* Support team members in the preparation of bid documents and negotiation with site owners, highlighting our technical capability and professional competence. Including supporting plans, massing studies and concept images where appropriate.
* Use network of contacts to assist the Head of Acquisitions to promote the company to identify new sites across all company brands.
* Project hand over and detailed briefing to Project Delivery Team and continued interaction (as required) of all technical information obtained from site identification until exchange of legal contracts.
* Registered Architect with the UK Architect's Registration Board (ARB).
* Commercially minded, Organised, Dilligent.
* Team-player & self-driven.
* Creative thinker, organised, diligent, team player but self driven.
* Autocad, Sketchup, MS Office, Indesign and Photoshop experience preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Time management / ability to prioritise.
Salary - £45k + Bonus
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV and portfolio of work examples through to Will using the contact details provided.
I can be contacted directly on 0161 209 3246 to answer any further questions about the company and nature of the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Design Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly