Conrad Consulting is currently working with a busy Architectural Practice based in Cambridgeshire. Due to an increase in workload they require a RIBA Stage 3 qualified or ARB registered Architect with at least 3 years + PQE to join their strong design team.
This full time position will be based in their Cambridgeshire office and the post holder, reportable to the Managing Partner, will be required to work both independently and within a team structure and run projects from inception to completion. On certain projects he/she will be responsible for a team of assistants and in other instances will be required to personally produce all documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Leading projects and the project team, guiding junior members of staff when necessary
* Attending client meetings and carrying out site visits largely across the UK
* Producing and presenting design schemes for retail fit out, commercial or residential project
* Producing production information
* Making planning and building regulation applications etc.
* Dealing with statutory applications and have a good knowledge of current building legislation.
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, with the ability to inspire, influence and negotiate
* Previous experience within the residential, developer, mixed use and education sectors is an advantage
* A skill at making decisions, acting on own initiative and operating in a pro-active way
* Strong report writing skills and experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients
* Sufficient background knowledge to be able to propose and debate alternative solutions to technical and operational requirements
* Proficiency at producing accurate, detailed and precise drawings
* Solid AutoCAD
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to find out more please contact Stuart on 01728 726120 or send a copy or your CV and portfolio/ relevant project experience to Stuart at Conrad Consulting