A well-established Architectural practice based near the city centre of Winchester, now have an opportunity for a Conservation Architect to join them and work on a diverse portfolio of projects from listed residential houses to iconic British landmarks in London.
The practice has been established over 80 years and has an eclectic portfolio including projects including contemporary residential, conservation and specialist one off projects. The team is made up of 20 people with a smaller specialist conservation team working in the office based in the centre of Winchester.
Due to the current workload, they have the need for an experienced conservation Architect.
Role & Responsibilities
- Candidates will be working across all RIBA stages from concept to completion.
- Working in a close knit team and supporting other members
- The role would involve being able to work a variety of project types
- Ability to share historical expertise and knowledge within the team
Required Skills & Experience
- RIBA Part III qualified (or equivalent) & ARB registered
- AABC or RIBA Conservation Accreditation are an advantage
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience post qualification working on UK conservation and historic building projects
- Demonstrate a good eye for historic design, with a thorough understanding of contractual procedures
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a generous salary of up to £48,000 depending on experience
The practice has a close-knit team and has regular social events, be it a drink at the pub after work, the annual summer and Christmas party or a day trip to the horse races.