Do you have a passion for traditional, high quality architecture? This is a unique and rare opportunity to join one of the most prestigious, traditional high end practices in South London.
Specialists in creative, private residential work of the highest quality, projects involve working with important listed buildings throughout the UK, Europe, US and beyond. The practice recently celebrated their 40th anniversary and with 2 UK based offices. They strive for the best and continue to create beautiful buildings that enhance their clients lives. Now seeking a Part II Architectural Assistant to join their team of 17 in Battersea, my client is looking to welcome the this person on board at the earliest opportunity.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal individual will be confident and comfortable working closely alongside more Senior members of the team and across a variety of live work. You will be expected to work within teams, reporting directly to the Project Architects and two Directors. A thorough understanding of building regulations is vital, as well as particular confidence across the technical and delivery stages of projects.
- Client liaison
- Developing the design of projects from initial concept through working drawings to completion
- Presenting designs
- Submitting projects through the planning and LBC process
- Supervising & administering projects on and off site
- Performing efficiently and being responsible for members of your team
Required Skills & Experience
To apply for this position you should have experience within the high-end residential sector, working on a variety of traditional, historic and listed buildings types.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic attitude.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in the UK.
- Knowledge of all stages of a project from inception to completion.
- Experience of working with listed buildings & conservation skills is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Fluent use of AutoCAD in practice
- Ability to hand draw & demonstrate ideas fluently to clients
- Excellent presentation skills (Photoshop, Sketchup, AutoCAD)
- Fantastic technical ability
- Demonstrable enjoyment of beautiful architecture
Salary & Package
£27,000 – £30,000 DOE
In house CPD is available along with the provision of professional memberships. A performance based annual bonus is also available.