We are seeking an architectural technician/technologist to join our team and work with our existing architect, who is head of the Building Department. The work would mainly be in the rural sector, including high-end residential work, work to historic vernacular properties and small development sites.
Responsibilities would include:-
- preparation of design, technical (building warrant) and contract documentation including drawings and specification writing;
- detailing technical solutions, materials and building techniques – suited to residential and historic property (and with thought to sustainability);
- preparation of location and site plans suitable for planning purposes;
- general assistance and support to architect as required including printing, photocopying, liaising with building product suppliers, etc;
- carrying out and drafting measured building surveys;
The successful candidate will be:-
- a graduate or CIAT qualified or other equivalent professional;
- experienced in AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Microsoft Office;
- experienced in design, building and construction (having been involved in projects from inception to completion);
- genuinely interest in quality design and construction;
- self-motivated and pro-active.
Our rural office locations and the need for occasional site visits mean that a Driving License and access to a car are essential.
Apply for Architectural Technician/Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly