CHARTERED ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
Brodie Plant Goddard are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Architectural Technologist (CIAT qualified) to join our busy team of Architects and Surveyors. Brodie Plant Goddard’s offices are located in the historic Old Kings Head Court which dates from the 16th Century and is located in the heart of Dorking town centre.
Our characterful offices provide a conducive working environment with Dorking’s town centre shops being literally on the doorstep and the three railway stations all within a 15 minute walk.
Our staff travel to the office from a wide catchment area but we encourage the organisation of social events to build a team atmosphere; these include our annual Christmas lunch, meals out, ten pin bowling, go-karting and horse racing etc.
We have a diverse workload of new build and refurbishment projects with construction values of £1>20million.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be primarily responsible for the detailed design, supporting our project teams on a number of projects – taking responsibility for construction detailing.
- Be involved in the production of comprehensive drawing packages.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels - with the design team, external suppliers and Local Authority/ Statutory Bodies to provide coordinated drawing (and specification) packages (and obtain the necessary approvals).
- Plan time and prioritise work in order to deliver high detailed drawing information to meet agreed deadlines.
- Continuing Professional Development in relation to all aspects of Construction and Computer Aided Design.
- Continual development and monitoring of current standard details.
- At times be involved in creating architectural specification documents to agreed criteria.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- We require you to be CIAT qualified/registered.
- Degree in Architectural Technology plus minimum 5 years relevant UK experience.
- Exceptional detailing knowledge in various construction methodologies.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of current UK Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Sound knowledge of current CDM regulations.
- Comfortable understanding of architectural specifications and knowledge of NBS – Preliminaries and Materials & Workmanship Clauses.
- Have a high level of proficiency in AutoCAD, and preferably Revit, along with familiarity with Adobe Photoshop. (We are able to offer training to help the right candidate further develop their skills)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office packages, with good general IT skills.
- Well organised with great attention to detail and ability to see things through.
- Team player, but with an ability to work on own initiative.
- Hold a full UK driving license – own transport essential.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
In order to be considered a minimum of 5 years UK experience is essential.
Salary circa£35k (depending on experience) + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Free Parking
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please