Lead Technical Architect
This is an opportunity to join a reputable AJ100, high-end Residential name, with the chance to work on a number of international and Prime London projects! Looking to take a lead technical role within the delivery team, working on a variety of small and large scale high quality housing? This role could be your perfect fit.
With over 16 years' experience on a wide range of projects across the UK and overseas, my client has built a reputation for producing exciting, contemporary architecture and interiors. Their portfolio includes apartment buildings, individual houses and penthouses, as well as affordable housing. A range of mixed use and non-residential projects also showcase their versatility. With collaborations with some of the most reputable practices in the UK, including Stanton Williams, Gensler and DSDHA, my client delivers an outstanding service and produces work of a high standard of quality. With particular emphasis on bespoke, prime residential property, an opportunity now exists for a lead technical Architect to join their Waterloo office.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be brought in to work predominantly within the delivery stages, of a number of live projects they currently have running. You will be brought in to work on a wide range of new high-end residential and hospitality projects, based within the Greater London area, with values of £1 million - £50 million. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small to medium sized practice, specialising in prime residential or other high specification bespoke projects (i.e. hotels) and will have excellent experience working on detailed technical construction information for projects. You will be using Revit across all projects in house and should be expected to confidently produce details of the highest standard. Confidence is key for this role, as you will be required to mentor, manage and train more junior members of the team, as well as liaise with contractors and clients on a regular basis.
Required Skills & Experience
- A confident communicator that is happy to be hands on
- Fluent in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up and Adobe Creative Suite
- A minimum of 3 years Post Part III professional experience
- 3 years UK working experience
- Extensive experience working on high-end residential or high-end hotel projects within the UK
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of 3 projects worked on using Revit
- Have an eye for good design and detailing, as well as fantastic Technical knowledge
- Be confident and fluent throughout technical design and construction stages
- Have a confident manor for client facing responsibilities
- Professional, demonstrable experience running projects all the way through (from conception to completion)
- Be comfortable mentoring at training more junior members of staff
- Have excellent verbal and written English
- Experience working on complicated existing buildings
- Have a keen interest in design
Unfortunately, applicants without Revit will not be considered for this role.
Salary & Package
Circa £50,000 DOE. Other benefits include:
- Workplace pension Contribution
- RIBA membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- Training in relevant software as required
- 20 days holiday
- 3 days paid holiday on top of basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- Discretionary performance related bonus payment in March / April each year
- Comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars
- 1 days personal CPD provision per year
- Additional study leave for relevant professional exams
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Green bikes scheme
In addition to a competitive salary, the practice arranges regular social events throughout the year and is recognised for their conscious participation in regular charity challenges. A European trip is organized by the practice in October each year, rewarding all 32 staff for their hard working efforts, whilst visiting architecture of inspiration along the way. This is a multi-award winning practice, with a strong reputation for regular competition wins and a particular emphasis on team work and creating a friendly working environment.