Within our creative and pioneering London office, an opportunity has arisen for a Project Director to lead a range of multi-disciplinary domestic and international projects.
This role will see you manage and direct teams in design delivery on some of BuroHappold's most high-profile and technically challenging projects to ensure that outstanding design is delivered in accordance with the client requirements.
As a Project Director in BuroHappold, you could expect to lead commissions similar in size and scope to the following...
Haramain Railway Project – Saudi Arabia. The design of the stations were based on a modular approach, bringing efficiency in terms of programme, delivery and value as well as a coherent architectural language and passenger experience across the railway.
Heart of Doha - Qatar. Marrying modern design with traditional Arabian architecture, the Msheireb will create sustainable urban living that reflects the city’s deep-rooted cultural heritage.
Tottenham Hotspur stadium - UK. Our engineers liaised closely with the club and wider design team to phase work on the stadium to minimise impact on the fans as much as possible. The concept we have developed for the sliding pitch will aid this no end, as it allows for the main 17,000 seat stand to remain in operation throughout the duration of the work.
What will I be doing?
Naturally the role of a Project Director is a wide ranging one with a variety of tasks, but typically the role will include:
- Full responsibility for all day to day outputs of the project via management of short- and long-term objectives and talk allocation for all the different disciplines working on the project.
- Working with the Project Principal regarding updates including any escalations and key engineering issues.
- Responsible for the planning, analysis and managing process and commercial considerations.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that BuroHappold work is in keeping with current legislation, Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Chairing design progress meetings and fully communicating the design intent and client objectives
- Preparation of monthly progress reports as required and maintenance of the project programme with the Project Planner
- Organisation, implementation and presentation of designs to the client
- Monitoring the quality of the design work and ensuring it meets and exceeds the brief, ensuring design and technical quality is maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
What will I bring to BuroHappold?
As an established Project Director, you will bring significant design delivery experience gained in the UK and internationally on high profile, technically challenging projects. Additionally, you will be comfortable shaping project outcomes at a senior level with high-profile architects, consultants and contractors, and will be motivated by fostering positive collaboration between internal and external stakeholders in challenging circumstances.
Relevant candidates will also demonstrate the following:
- Chartered Engineer or professionally registered Architect.
- Proven project management capability (with a qualification desirable)
- Strong evidence of project delivery leading multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting practice
- Capability to motivate people and teams and drive successful delivery and completion
- Ability to solve problems by thinking laterally
What's in it for me?
Whilst BuroHappold deliver a truly exceptional portfolio of 'mega' projects - ranging from large scale urban regeneration masterplans to stadiums and transportation hubs - being a partnership with 1,800 employees globally, we exude the feel and atmosphere of an independent design studio. In this context, this role confers unrivalled opportunities for you to make a big impact on projects and the business globally.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Thomas White in the BuroHappold Recruitment team on 01225 320669