Lapworth Architects founded in 1988, is a friendly, small practice, with its office base in Edgbaston in Birmingham. Our areas of work have included residential, retail, commercial, industrial, educational, health and conservation projects. We are also involved with interior design, Garden and Landscape Design and with Planning issues and Appeals.
We have an established reputation for cutting edge design and this has been recognised by the Practice winning a number of design awards (such as a MACAA Lifetime Achievement Award, CABE: Building for Life Gold Award and National & Regional Green Tree Design Award for Sensitive Building in the Environment)
We are an equal opportunities employer looking to recruit a Project Architect and an Architectural Assistant to work full time on a wide range of high quality projects.
Candidates will have a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience working in the UK and have a working knowledge of the UK Planning processes.
Candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong design skills and excellent knowledge of AutoCad
- Good knowledge of Adobe Suite & Sketch-up
- Ability to work within in a team and lead when called upon
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of coordinating and liaising design with external consultants
- Experience liaising with Local Authority Planning Departments
- Part III qualification and ARB registration
- Full driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this position please email me your full CV and PDF portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org