Schneider Designers is a small architectural and interior design practice based in North West London with a portfolio of high end residential projects. We are seeking for a talented Architectural Technologist. The right candidate must have experience in running projects from inception to detail design through to construction. This is a good opportunity to work on some interesting and challenging projects and really develop your skill set. The position is offered on a permanent and full time basis. Please apply for this position only if you have a minimum of 3 years proven working experience in this position in the UK.
- NBS Scheduler and Contract Administration Software;
- Construction Details;
- Understanding of Structural, Mechanical and Electrical details and specifications
- 3D Software;
- Local Authorities Planning Applications;
- Building Control;
- Site Experience;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Conducting studies of existing and proposed buildings and alterations;
- Demonstrating an innovative approach to design and be confident in working on a variety of projects.
- Providing architectural design and related services as assigned.
- Preparing general layout and perspective drawings to illustrate proposed projects;
- Developing schematic drawings and preliminary cost estimates on projects to be used in establishing guidelines for engineers or private developers;
- Working in team to develop different stages of the project.
- Providing advice and technical assistance to staff, private consultants and contractors, and others as necessary for design, renovation, alteration and repair of varied facilities;
- Reviewing and analyzing architectural and engineering work of consulting firms;
- Consulting with structural, mechanical and electrical engineers as required during the preparation of plans and specifications;
- Implementing design programs; preparing Building Control drawings, details, cost estimates and specifications for building construction and alterations;
- Preparing detailed design drawings and specifications of alterations, new buildings and miscellaneous construction projects for construction and tender purposes;
- Maintaining project administration files as per office procedures.
- Reviewing and checking for accuracy the progress reports submitted by contractors;
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence including cost estimates, project budgets and operational correspondence;
- Liaising with clients, contractors and local authorities when necessary.
- Ensuring that all projects comply with the most advanced architectural technical knowledge and UK Building Regulations.
- Attending site visits and meeting with contractors, client and design team when required.