Senior Healthcare Architect
With a reputation for outstanding quality in design, project management and client services, this is an opportunity to join an already very successful practice who have plans to triple in size within the next 3 years.
A leading expert in sustainability, working on some of the largest, most complex technical projects internationally, is now seeking a Senior Healthcare Architect, to join their 30 large, South Kensington based practice. The company have successfully developed a reputation for design in specialist buildings and various sectors including; hospitals, laboratories, educational buildings and more. Since establishing themselves more than 50 years ago, they have grown to employ in excess of 100 staff and have four lucrative offices worldwide.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be brought in specifically to work across 4 large healthcare projects to begin. These live projects are based in central London and both Northern and Southern Ireland, all of which are currently in stages 4 & 5.
- Provide planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
- Have the ability to design large medical departments, as well as room layouts
- Participate in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Provide technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
- Ensure project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
- Develop architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Anticipate and develop solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Communicate planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Supervise other team members in conjunction with project managers.
- Lead meetings and presentations; ensure the client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- Assist in the design development, modification and/or review of medical planning concepts and solutions.
- Assist in establishing overall project budgets and schedules in coordination with project managers, architect and project engineers.
- Coordinate with various consultants to implement medical planning
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience in professional practice – full new facilities, additions, renovations, departments with some large-scale, complex healthcare projects required.
- Experience working on a variety of healthcare projects
- A confident communicator with the ability to lead a small team
- Evidence of previous completed Department designs
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems
- Actively completing IDP requirements.
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferable.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey medical planning needs to designers and other team members.
Salary & Package
Circa £50,000 and pension contribution
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus scheme, the successful candidate will be joining a sociable team that enjoy regular social events. They have an easy going, open management style and offer a good work life balance. Flexible working hours are also available. This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-established Architectural Practice with big plans for growth. Self-development is encouraged and each individuals’ efforts and enthusiasm are genuinely recognised and appreciated by the practice. The company is also comprised of long standing team members, demonstrating staff contentment.